Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Falling into place....

I have been writing this in my mind all day today. Thinking of the past three months or so. So many words could sum them up, overwhelming, wonderful, exhausting, quick! I can't believe Luke will be three months old on Friday. I finally feel like things are starting to even out. I transitioned him to his own room and crib about two weeks ago. He is sleeping fairly well in there. He is even starting to take longer naps in there than 45 minutes. He napped for three hours yesterday! I got so much done it was amazing! I have been exhausted trying to keep up with all the boys and the baby. People always say "sleep when the baby is sleeping" those "people" must not have had three other children to tend to and drive places and cook for and clean for etc etc. I was thinking about it today. When I had Jacob it worked out great. If he was up half the night no problem I knew I could just sleep with him the next day. But that was all good and fun until I had Nathan. Once you are on round two the whole sleeping while the baby sleeps flies right out the window. I can remember being pregnant with Nathan and a wise, seasoned mommy told me "give it three months". She said by the third month I will look around one day and think to myself "I got this". That is kind of how I felt today. Am I exhausted? Yep. More often than not I don't sleep after 4. But Luke and Owen seem to at least be overlapping their naps and even when Luke wakes I can be sneaky and cuddle with him and he will fall back to sleep:) It is my sanity. I am beyond thankful for Ian who lets me run away even if it is to go get groceries and for my "big" boys who help as much as they are able to with the baby so I can do fun things like switch laundry and make dinner. Life is crazy but I am so very thankful for my boys. I can't believe that a year ago right now I had no intentions of having another baby. Little did I know that in a few weeks that would change and I can't imagine not having this funny little boy in our life. Fun times are ahead, all the awesome milestones. I am so happy Ian is home. Last year was beyond hard but I am so grateful things have worked out the way they have.

0 comments: