Thursday, February 17, 2011

Jacob is EIGHT!

Yesterday was Jacob's TRUE birthday. I can't believe its been eight years since I became a mom. Best thing EVER even on the not so great days.

Since Nana made Jacob his birthday cake. I told Jacob I would make him cupcakes to take to school for his friends. I made him chocolate chip cookie dough cupcakes. That is right a cupcake with cookie dough in the center and butter cream cookie dough frosting. Lets just say they are the BOMB. His substitute teacher said they were the best cupcakes she had had in years and the kids were so cute saying "Mrs Heller can you tell my mom how to make these". That made me laugh. I was so glad they were a hit. Jacob had a great day at school. The sub had all the kids make him birthday cards which are adorable to read. I think he really felt loved which made me happy.




I LOVE my new cupcake holder! It was a total impulse buy but I had to have it. Ian thought it was a pretty silly until he saw it also has little sleeves you can put over the cupcake holes so you can transport cookies, pans of food etc. Then he was totally on board. I had people stopping me asking me where I got it. LOOOOOOVE it!:)

For dinner Jacob requested Chicken and Dumplings. It turned out yummy and he loved them. He had fun talking to Corban and Auntie Christina on the web cam and even played them a tune on his new harmonica. He also enjoyed his legos and book from Gramps and Lolly (and was not happy when he had to put the book down to go to bed:) and the new DS games and can't wait to build his Erector set. He is chomping at the bit to spend his money from Grandma and Grandpa. All together I think he has had a pretty good birthday WEEK.


I just had to share this last picture of Owen. He has been dying to play with Ian's nerf gun and cried for literally hours yesterday (and it is already beginning today...ugh) so last night Ian let him. He tells me "I gonna shoot you momma" and I took this and then he did right smack in the forehead. Gotta love boys.

0 comments: