Just thought I would share two pictures of Ian's ship from while they have been there the past little while. Ian enjoyed going and playing with local school kids and enjoyed a lot of shopping and staying in a hotel with his OWN room. I know that little break was much needed. A huge perk for all of us was getting to see each other after 11 weeks through skype. Technology is amazing and I am so thankful for it. Seeing Ian's face made me miss him all that much more. He looks wonderful (to me always!). It was worth staying up until 3 and taking two days to recover to get over two hours of face to face time with him without interruptions (besides skype shutting off:)
I know he got a lot of pictures on his phone but I doubt we will get to see them until he gets home. But for now here are two of the ship.
PUERTO PRINCESA, Philippines (July 4, 2011) The guided missile destroyer USS Howard (DDG 83) is trailed by a tug boat as the ship leaves port for the underway phase of Cooperation Afloat Readiness and Training (CARAT) Philippines 2011. CARAT 2011 is a series of bilateral exercises held annually in Southeast Asia to strengthen relationships and enhance force readiness. (U.S. Navy photo by Mass Communication Specialist 2nd Class Katerine Noll/Released)
Philippine Navy ships BRP Rizal PS 74 and BRP Pangasinan PS 31 join the guided missile destroyer USS Howard (DDG 83) and USS Chung-Hoon (not pictured) to conduct maneuvers at sea for Cooperation Afloat Readiness and Training (CARAT) Philipines 2011. CARAT 2011 is a series of bilateral exercises held annually in Southeast Asia to strengthen relationships and enhance force readiness. (U.S. Navy photo by Mass Communication Specialist 2nd Class Katerine Noll/Released)
(The Howard is the leading ship)
Love you Ian!!
Thursday, July 7, 2011
USS Howard at work in the Phillipines
Posted by Sarah Heller at 11:01 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Very cool :)
I am proud to know your family. You are wonderful people. Ian is a true patriot and so are you. I hope you are feeling okay, I heard from Scott that you are pregnant. I love the blog.
Post a Comment