After a LONG six months and five days (but who is counting?) Ian is home!! He flew in from the ship's final port yesterday morning so that we could make sure he won't miss the arrival of "Baby" Luke. I am pretty sure I will make it to the ship's homecoming day but with the way I am feeling I doubt much longer. I am so glad we have a little time to have Ian home so I can get things ready and feel more prepared. We decided not to tell the boys he was coming early. They had no clue when they talked to him Tuesday night that he was actually in the airport waiting for his flight. I picked him up by myself yesterday and I can't tell you how nerve wracking it was to stand outside security knowing he was going to round the corner any second. I had tears rolling down my face before he even got there. They just multiplied when he did. Just getting a hug was the best feeling EVER! He got very lucky and both his flights were on time or early and his bag was out in less than 15 minutes. I was not even at the airport a full hour! Worked out great. Then it was off to surprise the kids. They had NO clue whatsoever. Nathan has been having such a tough time in a lot of areas and he started seeing a therapist Monday so between that and then talking to dad on the phone the last couple of days he just was really emotional. The first thing he said when I woke him for school yesterday morning was "mom will you help me count how many stars are left?" I wanted so bad to tell that poor boy his dad was on his way right that second. Instead I told him dad sent a package and it should arrive "today" and that when I picked him up I would try to have it with me. I normally pick the kids up on Wednesdays so they were annoyed that I told them they had to ride the bus and have my friend Aleisha get them. She took Owen for me too allowing me to get Ian alone. When we got to Aleisha's the bus had arrived just maybe 15 minutes before. The boys were playing and I told them the package arrive but we had to take pictures of their reactions for Ian so they had to all come out together to see. Aleisha got some good shots. I was cracking up at Owen covering one eye, Nathan covering both and Jacob just barreling through (no surprise there). The boys about died. Nathan said "dad! is that REALLY YOU!?" :( Owen just ran to him and Jacob said "wow this is better than Christmas!!!" It was adorable and they were in heaven. We got in the car to go home and one of the boys (I think Jacob) asked "dad how long can you stay?" They were happy to hear he would not have to go for a long time anytime soon. Just glad he is home. He wants to go go go though after being stuck on that ship. And I am slow slow slow:) What a relief to have him in our home. Owen is hot/cold and sometimes not too sure about this guy taking up mom's space but he will adjust:) Here are some pictures! (they are not in exact order but I am sorry just cannot sit in this chair anymore:)
Thursday, October 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






0 comments:
Post a Comment