The boys were off school this past Friday so I decided why not head to San Diego to see Ian's ship pull in and spend some time with Paige and Tira dog. I had debated all morning but we had such a good time I am so glad I went. Jacob took this picture of the ship once it was pierside.
I knew Ian never got my emails or texts saying we were coming and I also knew he had work to do before he could leave but the boys so wanted to just see him and wave and I really wanted Luke to realize that is where he was at. So after a half hour of debating I called the quarter deck and asked them to find him and have him call me. Now, you have to realize I NEVER call the ship. The last time I called was to tell him to come home immediately because Jacob was having his appendix issues and was most likely going to have surgery and I honestly can't tell you when before that. I scared the poor guy half to death because he just thought oh my gosh what happened. He came up to the flight deck and called me and as soon as I answered he could see us:) I felt bad but don't regret it because the boys were THRILLED. Luke thought it was hilarious. He was far enough away that you could tell it was him but really only because we knew it was. They all waved and yelled they loved him. After that we were off to see Paige and wait for daddy to get done. Ian was chosen as Sailor of the Year for the ship (a huge honor!) and had to get his dress uniform ready for pictures the next day. Poor Luke was not happy leaving without him and after about an hour at Paige's playing at the park he was over it. He wanted his dad. Finally he pulled in and Luke was ecstatic even trying to climb the fence to get to him.
Monday, September 23, 2013
Most of a weekend with Daddy!
Posted by Sarah Heller at 11:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment