I found myself not taking very many pictures the last couple of weeks while Ian was gone. We all had a rough time here and kind felt like we were in mourning. The ship ended up broken in port a couple off hours away and so when Ian finally got home late Saturday we were so thankful to have him even if it was only until Monday am early. He is gone again and then next week has their final big qualification to deem them deployable. In some ways I am not so thrilled because the inevitable is getting closer but most of me wants to jump for joy because it will mean the next month or two will finally (supposedly) ease up. We are all ready especially my poor hard working Ian. Last week while gone though he was awarded a NAM (Navy Marine Core Achievement Medal for his involvement as team leader for CMTQ or for us lame civillians Cruise Missile Tactical Qualification. Say that a few times. Basically from what I understand it was qualifying them to be able to shoot the missiles if needed. It was HUGE. It just so happened it was over the day Jacob's appendix decided it needed to come out:/ I know he worked his butt off and am so glad he was recognized. He also was awarded Sr. Sailor of the Quarter for his ship:) Yay Ian! He will at some point while they are gone this week go in front of the board on the ship against the other 3 Sailors of the Quarter and one of them will be awarded Sailor of the Year. Either way hes my Sailor of the year! He realized this past week that since CMTQ he has been involved in EVERY SINGLE qualification to date either as a trainer or a trainee. No wonder he has hardly been home! I am proud of him and the hard work he is doing. We are all very much looking forward to his being home by dinner and taking a bit of time off. I told him I am running away! (kidding of course). We had the fun of Christina and Corban coming to see us last week. Luke fell in love with Christina (actually let me leave him with her without a huge issue!) and her Ipad:) Corban and the boys had fun playing games, legos, visiting the pet store and holding snakes :/, having a movie night and more. A lot of times I am sad we are not closer so they could spend more time together. We spent an afternoon for a bit at the park while Nathan was a scouts. It was finally under 95 so I figured better make the most of it. I feel like I am in HELL! So ready for fall. But my favorite picture is of Ian and his babies Sunday night. You can tell how beat the poor man is! But he always has time for those cuddles and I know two boys who love it! Here are some pictures from the last little bit:
Tuesday, September 17, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








0 comments:
Post a Comment