The last thing I should be doing is sitting here blogging but I heard/saw this video today and it just really touched me not only from a military wife's standpoint but as a mother of sons. It was definitely not something I probably should have watched as hormonal as I am these days:) It is a beautiful song though and the video is amazing. I think even for those that have no idea what it is like to have a loved one off at war you can understand the feelings families of those that do go through. I am so very very thankful to have had two wonderful years with Ian home and God willing one more before we start the deployment cycle yet again. I have to be honest I am quite scared to death he will be deployed overseas prior to our transferring from here. The odds don't look great. But as much as it petrifies me, I am so proud that he is willing to go and loves his job and what it stands for. He is definitely my hero. I have a friend whose husband should be leaving this week, if he has not already, to head over to some not quite so lovely places. My thoughts and prayers are with his unit and especially their families as they go and along with the thousands of other soldiers and their families who are waiting for letters from war....
Mark Schultz- Letters From War
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Letters from War
Posted by Sarah Heller at 8:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Forget pregnancy hormones, that video would make anyone cry! Thanks for sharing it...it's now on my MySpace page. :P Hope you're doing well, and that these last couple weeks aren't too uncomfortable. :)
wow, that was powerful. i can't imagine what it's like. you guys are amazing!
Post a Comment