The title says is all. Owen turned 16 weeks this week. Most days it seems like forever since he was born. I am definitely to the point where I can't hardly remember life without him. He is the highlight of our day these days. Even and Jacob and Nathan would tell you that. It is so funny I took and picked up the kids from school Tuesday and when I took them I had Owen but I put him down for a nap and Ian was home so when I went to get them I did not have him. Jacob FREAKED out when he got in the car yelling at me how could I leave Owen home by himself. I had to laugh and then just reminded him that Daddy was still home. I got a "oh ya well that would have been RUDE if you left him by himself". I am not sure if rude is the right word but it was comical to say the least. I am glad at least they care!
So what is new these days? Well, just this morning Owen rolled from his back to his tummy for the first time. He then got stuck and was quite mad but we were all proud of him. His eyes are now completely brown. I took some closeups so you can see. His hair is still pretty sparse so I am waiting to see if its going to be brown or come in blonde like Jacob and Nathan's. I am betting on at least a dirty blonde if blonde at all.
Bathtime continues to be his favorite. Ian has started bathing him when he is actually home at night and they have developed this little game. I tried to capture it myself but it proved to be difficult trying to hold the cup and camera. I will have to get a video of he and Ian playing. The game is Ian fills a cup with water and puts it in front of Owen and Owen will grab the cup and dump it on himself. It does not matter how many times Ian puts the cup there he will stop what he is doing and dump it. It is pretty funny to watch because he is so serious about it.
Jacob continues to be the little daddy. He is such a big help. He wants to help all he can and its so funny to see him hold Owen to feed him because Owen at this point is at least as half as long as Jacob is. They truly love eachother though.
So coming soon is FOOD. Owen is already showing the signs that he is ready. He smacks his lips when we eat. Eyes the food trying to figure out how to get it and is drinking his bottles like they are endless pits. I am waiting until the end of the month to take him to his check up and am trying to decide if I want to wait or let him start cereal sooner. I think teeth are well on their way as well so a lot of fun is headed our way.
Okay I guess Owen does not want me to share anything else with you because he is hollering for me.
Thursday, March 12, 2009
SIXTEEN WEEKS ALREADY??
Posted by Sarah Heller at 3:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment