Just thought I would share a few things from this week/weekend. Total randomness in the pictures:)
First we thought we would try to give Owen some cereal. He is drinking formula like crazy and is definitely eyeing our food but when we tried to give him cereal...this was the reaction:
Needless to say he was less than thrilled with the idea. So I think we will wait a couple of weeks and try again. Although, I have to tell you I would not want to touch that stuff with a 10 foot pole. Not only does it stink its just nasty. I think he would like the baby oatmeal more but I am trying to try the rice first.
Earlier this week Nathan decided to be "super Nate" and run across the park to jump on a swing head first to swing on his belly. Well, the swing he picked was hung super low to the ground so when he jumped he basically jumped OVER it and landed nose first. So he scraped up his entire nose, forehead, lips and gave himself a nice bloody nose. This is a couple days later so he has healed some. Everyone keeps asking him what happened and he says "oh I was being Super Nate". I get some strange looks. So far no CPS visits.....but after he ran into the wall two days later I am starting to wonder how long I can keep them away:)
Another highlight of the week is our new fish. Ian is soooooo into his fish tank. I love having it and he does such a great job keeping it up. It is just not my thing:) It really adds to the living room. I tell him its our living piece of art. The boys love them, even Owen. We have it directly behind our couch across the way and so when we hold him he loves to stand on our laps and just watch the fish go by. Ian has a friend at work that has African Cichlids like we do and he told Ian he was going to go sell his to get a different breed of fish and asked Ian if he wanted any. So, Ian took two of our bigger fish up there and traded him the two for four, including a huge ahai cichlid that is so cool. Fresh water fish are so colorless compared to salt water but these fish have some great coloring. The boys were very excited to see the new additions and Owen just sat there staring for quite a while and we thought it was cute so of course I had to get a few pictures of him with Ian:) The picture at the top is of this too but I just loved the picture of him so much I decided it should be first.
Some pictures of Ian's fishies:
This is a Cory Cat we have 5 of these little boogers that we can the "fish tank vacume cleaners"
This is a yellow lab and her mouth is full of baby fishies. We are anxiously awaiting to watch the other fish gobble them up:) Sick I know but its true!
The blue one is the ahai cichlid, the long gray one is a pike cichlid and then one other cichlid
So since we got new fish Ian decided "of course" that we had to go get more "stuff" for the fish. We had other errands to run and when we went to Petsmart the "fish guy" there told Ian about this store in Park Ridge called Living Sea Talk about a neat store! They have a coi pond and a couple different ponds with sharks. The boys were in heaven to say the least (all four of them that is!) Here are a few pictures of the kids enjoying the fish.
Sunday, March 22, 2009
Weekend Happenings......
Posted by Sarah Heller at 4:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment