Friday, September 18, 2009

Three Sweet Boys



I am not sure how I got so lucky to have these three (well four really!) crazy, adorable sweet boys but I am so thankful for them, even when they drive me insane with the constant brotherly bickering. I took the above picture of the boys just before taking Jacob to the bus stop this morning. Owen was not cooperating but Jacob and Nathan were good sports:)

Jacob: I got a phone call from Jacob's teacher a few nights ago. My first thought was "oh great what now" but to my surprise she was calling to tell me how much she "adores" him and how he is such a sweet boy with a huge heart. It was really good to hear from her that he is doing well. I worry about him. He has grown leaps and bound in reading and writing. He still detests writing but we are working and his fine motors are getting much better. He really is such a bit help and LOVES Owen so much. It is fun seeing him be such a good big brother. He came home from school yesterday with a bouncy ball that he got for "being the quietest kid in art class" I jokingly made him repeat why about three times before he yelled at me "MOOOOOM I ALREADY TOLD YOU!" We had a good laugh. He is turning into a cute little young man.

Nathan: Is just Nathan. He too is turning into a great big brother. He loves Jacob so much (even though they fight 80% of the time) and has a hard time with him being gone all day but he LOVES preschool. HE has been bugging me all day about when we are leaving for him to go today. He is so cute when I pick him up he will tell his teachers "I Love you!" (and he is totally sincere). They just think he is so sweet. He is one of those kids that when he is with me he is a little turkey but when he is with anyone else he is always the child that is praised to be the BEST helper and listener. I guess I will take it that way. He wants to now ride his bike with no training wheels SO bad. I think he will soon enough.

Owen: Then you have Mr. O. He is 10 months today! Man how time flies. He is cruising everywhere, is working on his 6th tooth and "talks" up a storm. He loves his daddy SO much. Don't get me wrong he loves me and wants me but by far he is much closer to Ian and has such a great bond that Ian did not have the opportunity to have with Jacob and Nathan at this age. It is so much fun to watch him jump out of his skin practically when Ian gets home from being gone. I love it. It looks like we will be traveling on his birthday so I am not sure when we will get to celebrate but we are all looking forward to him demolishing his cake:)

Here are a few pictures of our 10 month old from the past two days. He LOVES bath time (especially with Nathan) and he LOVES water melon!


1 comments:

cpiper said...

Cute pictures of the boys!