Saturday, October 10, 2009

Annual Apple Picking Trip...Let it snow Let it snow..wait WHAT month are we in?




My back was feeling better enough (with wonderful drugs;) to make the 2 hour drive out to our favorite apple picking farm today. We were supposed to go yesterday but with my back and needing to get some things done on Ian's Jeep and the fact it was raining stopped those plans. So with the weather report saying it would be in the upper 40s with just a 20% chance of rain we thought today would be a great day. Boy was Mr. Weather wrong. It was about 30, windy and it even snowed while we were out there! Needless to say we were only about half prepared. Had I known it would be that cold we would have had gloves and hats and Jacob would have had a winter coat on! Poor Owen had three layers on but his little hands were so cold and he wont' sit still enough to keep a blanket on. I ended up hightailing it back indoors while Ian, the boys and our friends Dylan and Paige finished picking. It was a bit of a bummer as we ended up leaving after that instead of getting to play on the playground and see the animals but it was just too cold. The boys were a bit upset but slushies from Sonic boosted their spirits. At least we have 20 pounds of yummy apples!! I think some crock pot apple sauce is on order.

Here are some pictures of our fun














I would love to put captions for all the pictures but my back is saying get up!:) You can see snow flakes in some of the pictures. Owen was all happy and bundled until we got out there and it was so cold! I wish it could have been a bit warmer so we could have enjoyed the rest of the farm but I am glad we at least got to go for our third year. Next year it will be back to Bates Nut Farm just north of sunny San Diego!:) Now we just have to figure out Halloween Costumes.....

0 comments: