Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Nathan's Preschool Class and "The Pumpkin Story"

I just had to share this "story" with you all. First I have to sing Nathan's praises. I got home from work and Ian told me when he dropped N off at school they asked when his last day would be because they have things for him and they want to make sure it is all ready. They went on and on telling Ian how wonderful Nathan is. How he is such an asset to the class. That he is the first one to try to help the other children, especially the quiet ones that are in their shells. He said they just could not stop saying how much they love him. We run into Ms. Kathy a bit (last year's teacher) and she still sings him praises. Nathan was SO excited last week when she substituted for his teacher when she had to be out. We have been so blessed with this preschool and with the Village of Glenview's Youth Center which granted us part of the tuition for him to go. SO blessed.

So now to my story. First, last week in class the kids read a story about a skeleton who had the hiccups and I guess how he got rid of them. So each child made a skeleton using qtips as the bones. Very cute! Well they are on the big board by their door and each one has a little message saying how their skeleton got rid of its hiccups and what does my child's say? something to the tune of "he punched himself in the face"? Seriously?

So onto this story. I will let you read it for yourself as I scanned in the page the teachers gave us. They used Mr. Potato Head objects to decorate the pumpkin and then went around the class to tell a story each child giving a sentence or in Nathan's case two.....he is so strange? Then you have to love the picture of the kids none of them looking really at the camera. Just cracked me up! Oh, and the little girl in the black and white striped shirt? That is Kamilla, who Nathan proclaims he is going to "grow up, get married and kiss her because "duh mom" that is what married people do" (I guess this is the example Ian and I have given him. I think it could be a lot worse!?)

If you click on the picture it should get plenty big enough for you to read the "story".

0 comments: