We started day three finishing our time in Nebraska and cutting down into Colorado. I have to say that after driving through this BEAUTIFUL state I could with no doubt retire there. Mountains, trees, four seasons, lakes you name it. I fell in love. We have friends who live outside of Denver and after much discussion we decided to stop and see them for a "short" visit. The "short" visit of course turned into five hours and we were going to try to make it to our planned destination but after being stuck in Denver rush hour traffic and Owen screaming for two hours we threw in the towel and stopped just a bit of a ways up into the Rockies. Thankfully we found a Super 8 and were able to crash for the night. Little did we know that all three boys were starting to get sick....YEA (not!) We woke up to snow capped mountains surrounding us and wishing we could just stay put for a few days. It was SO beautiful. I am so thankful we stopped though because this meant the next day as we drove into Utah we got to enjoy the mountain climb and descent, the continential divide and the tunnels and I was less freaked out (I do not enjoy driving at night especially up Mountains!)
Here are a few pictures from our friend Eron and Rob's. They have some snakes and an Iguana that the boys LOVED!
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Day 3 onto Colorado/Utah! (at least that was the plan)
Posted by Sarah Heller at 12:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment