We arrived here on my birthday (11/23) and spent the first week shoved in a La Quinta hotel room with all of us sick but Ian. It was not the most fun experience but we made it through and finally got our keys a week later.
Here are some pictures of our hotel living....
It is nice to move to a place where you know the area at least a little bit and don't feel so lost. We had a great afternoon down at Pacific Beach walking the pier and putting our toes in the Pacific Ocean. That was the number one thing on the boys' list of things to do. Now we are busy trying to settle into our new house slowly things are getting put away. I have yet to open the garage which is stacked floor to ceiling with boxes....maybe this weekend? At least we have internet! I was going throw withdrawals.
So far Jacob is enjoying school. His class was very receptive. I think a lot has to do with the fact we are in a military neighborhood so kids come and go constantly so its "normal" for there to be a new face.
Nathan is having a tougher time. He is bored as he is used to being in school. I picked up the paperwork to try to get him into the preschool that is run here for military. Ian is supposed to drop it off today. I am praying that by the time Christmas break is over he can start school a few days a week as well even if I can't get him in here in our neighborhood and have to drive him elsewhere.
Here the boys are celebrating being in our new house!
This picture has got to be my favorite of all. Nathan made friends with the movers unloading our stuff and took a break with them. They were SUCH nice guys and SO good to Nathan and Owen. I just thought this was too cute not to take a picture.
We are looking forward to attending our new church for the first time this Sunday as FINALLY we all seem to be better. Owen ended up having a sinus infection and has now been on antibiotics for almost a week and is pretty near back to himself. It was a long journey out here not without strife but we made it. It seems Ian's ship's readiness keeps getting pushed back and at this rate he should be home with us for quite a while, that is, unless they decide to send him temporarily to another ship...which could happen. For now though he starts school in January and at least through the summer will be in schools and HOME every night. For this, I am truly thankful.
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
San Diego or bust!
Posted by Sarah Heller at 12:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment