Owen recently has become attached to a monkey stuffed animal of Nathan's. He has been making monkey noises for a couple of months now (in fact up until recently every animal made monkey sounds:) and right before we move in purging stuffed animals I found this monkey of Nathan's. Owen was delighted when I made him dance and make monkey sounds and a new friendship began. During our trip when he got upset I would be driving 80+ miles an hour down the road half turned around with that monkey dancing and making noises at him and kissing him it was one of the few things that made him stop crying. He slept with the monkey each night in the hotel room and the friendship grew. Now that we are in our new home he still sleeps with him at nap and bedtime. It is so cute to go in and see him all curled up using him as a pillow or even better snuggling with him with his little arms clasped around him. The first thing he does when he wakes is launch the monkey out of his crib. It is pretty funny. He likes to carry him around the house and make him make monkey sounds, give him hugs and most of all dance with him. I LOVE this age. So sweet and innocent. I wish he could stay 12 months for a while.....
I love that Owen will "cheese" with me for the camera! If you look closely you can see he even has monkey pjs on (a coincidence I swear:)
Saturday, December 12, 2009
A Monkey for My little Monkey
Posted by Sarah Heller at 7:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hello Heller Family!
I really enjoyed your journey to your new home. Tell Nate I miss his smile and all of his hugs. I can't wait to see your new adventures in San Diego. The beach looks great! Talk to you soon.
Kathy Kaczkowski
How come I never saw the monkey? Well I look forward to meeting that monkey in about a week!
Post a Comment