Saturday, April 10, 2010

Museums!

On Tuesday we took advantage of Resident's Free Museum Days. Each Tuesday there are a few of the museums that are free to San Diego residents. This last week two of them were the Natural History Museum and the Ruben H. Fleet Science Center. The boys (Jacob and Nathan) were in heaven! It worked out perfectly that I was able to take the three of them to the Science Center and then Ian met us and I brought Owen home for a MUCH needed nap while he took the boys to the Natural History Museum. All in all a great afternoon of FREE fun. You can't get much better than free! We hope to go back to both of them and check out the rest of the museums in the future. Jacob is dying to go to the Automotive Museum and the Space and Air Museum. Of course the Tuesday they are free is the day he goes back to school from Spring Break. Figures! Soon though, maybe during the summer we will go!

Here are some pictures from our trip!

The Science Center:

Thank goodness they had a kid's play area that was catered to kids under 5. Jacob still had fun and Owen could run. They would not allow strollers in and carrying around a 27 pound kid in mass crowds was not the most enjoyable thing to do. Owen loved the kid area though.








The Natural History Museum:






The boys had Ian take the picture of the tarantula JUST for their mommy since they know how much I just adore spiders. Note the sarcasm there. As for these last two pictures. I don't even know what to say other than I won't begin to say what it made me think of. I am not sure what Ian was thinking but I can tell you when I loaded these on the computer I almost peed my pants laughing. I am glad Ian can spend so much time with them now. Cherishing the moments!

0 comments: