Monday, September 6, 2010

I am not sure I am ready for this

To have two in school that is. Half of me is jumping for joy and the other half is really sad. I guess that is normal. I am seriously going to have issues when it is Owen's turn to go to school all day every day. I don't think I will mind preschool TOO much :) We have spent the last few days getting ready. Friday we went to both boys' schools to find out who their teachers are and see their classrooms. I was kind of hoping they would get male teachers but that was not the case. Nathan got Mrs. Delgado who is actually going to be out of the classroom the first week or two of school (not sure why) but we met his substitute, Mrs. Sarafino and she was very nice and welcoming. We saw where his chair is and he is excited because his teacher has a little fort in the room. I will post a picture after I gather them all tomorrow. We then had a ice cream social and Nathan got his very first school tee shirt. His mascot is a Gecko, which he is VERY excited about so its a pretty cool shirt. So far I have had nothing but awesome experiences with the school and staff. I am pretty excited that he is getting to go there even if I am totally freaked out about him riding the bus.

Jacob's teacher's name is Mrs. Georges. She also seemed very nice. When we went in we just happened to be the only ones in the room at the time and she gave him a big hug (HUGE for Jacob who craves affection) and walked him around the room. He was beyond thrilled to see the science things she had especially after she told him they will do a lot of science this year. That made his day for sure. He too had an ice cream social so the kids got two ice creams in a matter of hours. I told them to make sure and enjoy it because it would not be happening again any time soon:)

I am a bit heartbroken that I can't take them both to class tomorrow. There is no way I can get Nathan to school at 7:30 and Jacob back here by 7:55 to start. Thankfully Ian's instructor in school is allowing him to go in late so he will get to take Nathan tomorrow before heading in. It was a huge relief to me to get that worked out because there was no way I was going to stick him on a bus tomorrow morning, the very first day. He will have to ride it home and I can tell you I will be having a nervous breakdown until he gets off safe. I am sure he will do fine it is just the fact that its not just a few miles away. This is on the freeway and about a 20 minute drive. That is a big difference from Jacob riding the bus home 2 miles when we lived in Illinois.

A friend posted this poem on her facebook and I just had to share it. Ian and I cracked up when we read it. Change the wording to plural and I swear I should print it out and frame it and hang it on the wall somewhere in the house. I love my boys beyond words but there are some days.....I am glad they are in school:)

Dear Lord,
I pray for Wisdom to understand my son;
Love to forgive him;
And Patience for his moods;
Because, Lord, if I pray for Strength;
...I'll beat him to death!


Pictures tomorrow!!

2 comments:

Eigelmommy said...

That poem is quite accurate. I have days like that with my two boys as well.

Anonymous said...

Waiting impatiently for pictures ; )