Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Owen's "big" boy bed


Last week Owen learned he can get out of his crib by scaling the side and hurling himself out of it. Needless to say this is not the safest thing especially half awake in the middle of the night. After much debate we decided to just get a small toddler bed and use his crib mattress. I really thought Jacob would want to be in his own room but he decided he wanted to stay with Nathan. So for now the rooms will stay as is. So, yesterday I got the bed (a steal of a deal off Craigslist) and I took down his crib and got it all set up while Ian was at work. Owen thought it was GREAT to PLAY in. He loved having Jacob cuddle and read stories to him. And he loved tucking in all his "friends".

When it came time to actually to go bed he was quite upset. It only took about a half hour and daddy's touch to get him to finally give in. He did wake twice during the night crying but I just had to get him back in bed and he was fine. I had to laugh when I checked on him first thing this morning and saw him laying upside down. Overall the first night was a success. I am however, dreading nap time here in an hour or so!

0 comments: