Thursday, April 14, 2011

Safe Sailing Daddy....We Love You


Let the countdown begin. Today is a bit of a sad day but we will get through it. We were up and down at the base early. They opened the ship to families from 7 to 8:30 and after Ian and I talked we decided it would be good for the boys to at least see where he will be sleeping and where he will be eating. So Ian took the boys on a tour and they even got to climb up in his rack which they thought was pretty darn cool. They were jealous of all the drinks in the galley:) They got to walk around a bit and then it was time to say goodbye. Owen just could not handle standing there or being held for hours until it was time to go and we felt it would be easier for him to walk us to the Van and say our goodbyes there. So that is what we did. I think I could have held on to him forever but we kept it very short and quick to try to keep emotions at bay. The boys and I headed to the commissary and did our shopping (I figured why not torture myself more:) and they got to pick out junk food and (yucky) luncheables for lunch and a movie and game from redbox. We are having a hang out day and I am hoping to feel well enough to clean a bit. I am trying to not let the pregnancy hormones get the best of me. Thankfully the Zofran the doctor put me on seems to help at least some. Some days are better than others. One of the last things I said to Ian before I let go was "next time you see me I will be fat and bloated probably 20 pounds heavier and I never in a million years thought I would WANT that but I really hope that is the case." We are just praying that they come back on time and I can waddle down the pier rather than hand him an already born new baby. No matter what happens though we will survive. The boys are doing okay. Jacob is angry at the world but it will get better. He is such a helper to me and I am thankful for him more everyday.

We are ending the day having pizza with friends whose daddy left today with ours and then Jacob has scouts. Hopefully it will pass quickly and we can take off our first star on the countdown.

We love you Ian and are going to miss you so much!! Here are a few pictures I took. I look like hell but hey thats about how I feel right now so it is fitting:)

Nathan in Daddy's Rack. Number 82 as they so excitedly told me.

The boys having their hot cocoa and donuts waiting for daddy to come get us to take us on board.


Ian and the boys. The facial expressions on Owen and Nathan especially are amusing.

Jacob was starting to get upset so I took his picture to distract him:)

Owen sharing his donut with daddy before getting in the car to leave:(

2 comments:

Christina said...

I'm proud to be an American and to have an American Hero in my family. We love you guys very much! It'll go by quickly. Sounds like we need to do some webcamming!

Eigelmommy said...

I am thinking about you with prayers in my heart that the time will pass quickly and Ian will be returned safely to you. My brother leaves for Korea on Saturday! remember you are loved!