I can hardly believe I have a THIRD grader AND a FIRST Grader! The day started off with the kids telling me it was still dark out and they were not getting up:) But thankfully it was short lived and they got up and got ready like champs. It was pouring outside which was not something I had expected and did not know how much worse that was going to make traffic. Last night I made them chocolate banana muffins with chocolate banana frosting that Owen helped me pipe on. They were looking forward to those this morning for breakfast and man were they good!
We got to school and got soaked walking in and found Jacob's class first. I left him seemingly happy and took Nathan to his class. The first thing I hear when we walk in is at least three "NATHAN!!!" from different kids. Made me laugh. One of his friends off the bus last year, Brian is in his class. I am not too sure how that is going to work out but Nathan's teacher (who is I would guess in her mid 60s) does not seem to be one who is going to take anything from anyone (which I LOVE!). Nathan's desk is right up front (and Brians is all the way in the back..good thing). Those two boys were in heaven and having a good old time when I left. Owen and I went back to check on Jacob, who was all smiles and already chatting it up with the girl next to him (leave it to Jacob and the ladies he is just like his Daddy that way always friends with the girls:). As we left a HUGE clap of thunder hit. Interesting as it was 80 degrees and nasty humid. I felt like we were back in Illinois. So, I am hoping that the boys are having great days. I am leaving here in a bit to pick them up and praying it went well for both of them.
In the meantime I am relishing in SILENCE. I forgot how much I can get done in such a short amount of time without having to stop a million times to play referee. I LOVE my boys, each and every one of them but we all needed to have a break from each other. I am hoping this will make the last of this deployment fly by.
We are embarking on a new adventure, Owen and I. POTTY TRAINING. He is ready. I am making myself be ready. Id rather suffer now and not have two booties to change come November AND have to train him on top of it. So far so good but I am preparing myself for lots of messes. He enjoyed the morning helping me clean the play room and playing lots and lots of legos butt naked:) He also enjoyed "fishing" with his pole off the back of the couch and we enjoyed a half hour cuddle/tv show before his nap. I definitely can't complain.
Now if boys just come home happy it will be a great day. Oh and if we could get a email from daddy. 9 days and counting of it not working or being shut down...no fun at all. Thankfully we are on the downhill slope!
Tuesday, September 6, 2011
First DAY of SCHOOL 2011!!
Posted by Sarah Heller at 3:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Bare butt is the best way to go! Just keep an eye on him :) Corban was trained in a matter of days with only a few accidents here and there after. Yay for another school year! I hope the boys love their new classes.
Post a Comment