Monday, November 14, 2011

Luke Ryan Heller

Thursday, November 10th at 6:58 pm we welcomed Luke Ryan into our family. He weighed in at 8lb 14oz and was 22 inches long (supposedly but I when they measured him yesterday he was just under 21" and I think that is more accurate). I was beyond done and when I got to my doctor appointment Thursday morning my blood pressure had spiked really high. The doctor agreed it was time and after having lunch with Ian I went up to Labor and Delivery to be admitted. It was a fairly painless delivery thanks to a great epidural. They used pitocin to get contractions going and then around 6 pm broke my water and less than an hour later he made his appearance into this world. He was quiet and observant until today that is! He has definitely found his "voice" now and lets us know he demands attention. He can't be any cuter and while he did seem to look just like Owen at first he already is emerging into his own person. I really think his eyes and nose are the same as Jacob and Owen's but that his mouth is his daddy's. We are not sure of his eye color yet but if I had to guess I am guessing brown. We shall see.... He is a sweet sweet guy the only thing I can complain about is he wants to be held 24/7 including sleeping at night. He sleeps fine as long as he is next to mommy or daddy. Ian and I are NOT ready to cosleep whatsoever so trying to figure that one out. He went in for his 2 day check up yesterday and the doctor told us he looks like a million bucks, which is about how much it will cost to raise these boys. So true but gave us a good laugh. Here are some long overdue pictures! Our FIRST family picture of SIX!

Just born and at the hospital:
Going HOME!
Home and the first few days of brotherly love!:)

1 comments:

Christina said...

Awww such a cute family. You're now complete :) Luke fits right in. I am glad everything went smoothly!