Thursday, February 28, 2013

Cub Scout Blue and Gold 2013

Last night was the Blue and Gold Banquet for the boys' Scout Pack. The Blue and Gold is like the birthday party for Cub Scouts. They had each of the Scouts decorate a cake and that was the dessert. Nathan came up with his own rock creation (that is super yummy:) and Jacob made an adorable bear. I have to say I am pretty proud of Jacob. Yesterday was an insanely long day and I had planned on helping him more than I did so he really did most of his cake himself as I was rocking a screaming baby:) It turned out awesome! The banquet was wonderful. I am so impressed with the leaders we have in this ward and with Scouts. They really made it special for the boys (and parents). Nathan has earned his Bobcat and is working now on his Wolf and Jacob earned his Bear (we worked hard for that the past month or so as he had not been invovled much the past year) and now will be working on his Weablo before he crosses into Boy Scouts!! next year. I am so thankful we have moved Nathan up here for counseling and that the boys can really be involved now. They are both loving it. Jacob is really excited to move up this next week and his new Den leader seems awesome! I am so thankful that they can have other male role models in their lives (and female!) as Ian is MIA so much right now. Here are some pictures from the night. They each "pinned" me with their mother's pins for their rank advancements. Owen was so well behaved (I was shocked) and Luke was a challenge but so cute. He has figured out how to get on the chairs and just thought he was so funny. We really missed Ian and can't wait to share pictures with him. I really adore the picture of Jacob and Nathan together with their arms around each other. Those two really are best friends. At one point as I was chasing Luke around the hall I looked back at our table and Jacob had Nathan sitting on his lap explaining things to him. They definitely have their moments but they sure do love each other.

0 comments: