So we have had some very large storms since last night. So strong that the ONE way in/out to our housing is totally flooded. As of now I think its about knee deep but I am not sure. Ian has gone to check periodically throughout the day so he could go get me some heartburn medicine but the last time he was out it was still too deep to risk messing up the van. Its just not worth it. We have had neighbors get completely stuck and their cars are now dead and parked with them just hoping they will dry out and start. I don't think a taco bell run is worth a flooded engine but hey thats just me.
Given the fact I have a horrible headcold I guess it could not have happened on a better day. However we are missing what I am sure is a great Stake Conference Session at Church tonight and with more rain coming it looks as though we may be stuck here yet again tomorrow and miss church again. Jacob has been complaining that he has not gotten to see his daddy.....well I guess he got what he asked for:) Thankfully the rain has stopped tonight for a while and Ian let the boys go out and run for a while. Anything to get some energy out.
I just hate the feeling of being stranded. It is frustrating!
But I am very thankful we have a warm house and are all together. Maybe now I can get all our pictures on here from last weekend:)
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Flooded In
Posted by Sarah Heller at 7:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment