Monday, December 6, 2010

Its a gingerbread man? Its an astronaut? Nope its a Gingerbread Man-Astronaut!


Nathan's homework this week was to take a gingerbread man cut out and turn it into "whoever" he wanted it to be. His teacher told me that as soon as she told them about the project he raised his hand and told the class his was going to be a "space man". He kept getting upset last week because she told them about the homework early in the week but did not send home the paperwork until Friday so each day he was going into his backpack when he got home and then was upset that it was not there. So, tonight we finally got out the project and set to making him his space man. I had no clue as to how we were going to make it. After the help of Google clip art we had a plan including cling wrap for the front of the mask. He is ecstatic about how it turned out and can't wait to take it in to show his teacher tomorrow.

I did have his parent/teacher conference last week and he got wonderful remarks and comments. Not one thing did she say we need to work on besides the normal reading and pushing that. They are graded with a Proficient, Basic and Below Basic and he got Proficient on every single mark except one basic and he got awesome marks on his citizenship stuff too. We are very proud of him. We LOVE his school and are hoping and praying that Jacob can get in there next year too. I am to the point where I may try to move into the boundries if I have to but I so don't want to move solo!

1 comments:

Christina said...

Wow Nathan I am impressed!!!! Very well done!