
The past few weeks Nathan has had the best time at preschool. The boys have both been so excited about Halloween and the fun stuff they have been doing at school just makes them more excited. Nathan's class has made their own scarecrow (see picture below), made really neat edible spiders (picture above and below) along with art projects and learned some fun songs.
On Thursday we were invited to stay for the first 15 minutes of class and the kids were allowed to dress up. Most of the kids wore a costume and Miss Kathy and Miss Marlene had them sing some of their everyday songs for us. It was so so cute. I got a few video clips and I will try to share one here. A couple of the kids were very much into it but most of them I think were quite overwhelmed to have all the parents standing around watching them.
Again, Nathan's assistant teacher came up to me and told me how much they just LOVE Nathan and how he is just the absolute sweetest boy. I have to laugh because he has been giving us, especially me, a total run for our money. His church teachers tell me the same thing though so at least I know I can leave him and he will behave if not for me. I know my mom will read this and laugh because it is exactly the way it was with me when I was a kid.
Finally, for Nathan's party they read a story about the "chocolate chip" ghost who did not listen to his mommy and ate different things and changed colors. For their "treat" they had little ice cream cups with mini chocolate chips. Nathan LOVED that:) Then each child brought a Halloween book wrapped and then each got to pick a different wrapped book out and his teachers gave him the book Spookley The Square Pumpkin which is a story I love so I was, I think, more excited he got it than he was:)
I absolutely love his little school and really wish at this point I had put him in the 3 day a week class instead of the 2 day but he seems to be loving it and I am so glad he has something for HIM with Owen coming. I hope you enjoy the pictures:) 
Nathan's scarey face for his Jackolanturn
The poem that goes with his scarey face and a picture of his pumpkin. His was right in the middle.
Nathan's edible spider up close. He drove us and his teachers insane asking to do this every day. They made the mistake of telling him they would be making him and he is just a little obsessed with spiders. He took kind of a sick delight in tearing that one a part:) 
The class scarecrow!
Nathan's little class:) The little boy dressed as a cowboy a few seats to the right is Jonathon and Nathan talks about Jonathon ALL the time. Its pretty cute:)
Saturday, November 1, 2008
Nathan's Preschool Halloween FUN:)
Posted by Sarah Heller at 9:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Awww, can they really be growing up this fast?? Your story sounds so similar to my life. Micah has been such a pill lately, yet his conference confirmed otherwise. I am very glad he behaves at school, but why can't he do that for me. This was the first year Micah really got to enjoy Halloween and I think being in school, helps that alot!! Please forgive me for my absence. This past week has been super busy. Keep me updated on the baby!!
Post a Comment