Last Wednesday Jacob started First Grade! He has been so excited to go to school ALL day and get to have lunch there! His teacher's name this year is Mrs. Petersen. She was a Kindergarten teacher last year so Jacob was around her occasionally and I think feels pretty comfortable with her. This was a blessing! The first day I took him in (with him asking me to drop him off out front and not go in:) The room is set up with tables with about 5 kids per table. Jacob's good friend (and neighbor) Tyler is in his class again and they got lucky enough to even sit next to eachother (we shall see how long that lasts!:) The first three days went great. He loves having gym every day and has raved about his new music teacher and art class. He is not too happy about homework but he will have to get over that one.
It is so strange having him gone from 8:30 to 4 (including bus). Nathan is not too thrilled about it but he will be starting preschool three days a week next Wednesday and then I think that will make things easier on him. We are SO going to miss their schools when we move. They are awesome!
Jacob and Tyler
Side note: Ian's orders are finally in the works. We should have them (crossing fingers) when he gets back to work after the holiday weekend. Then I can give all the details and post about his soon to be VERY new ship!
Monday, August 31, 2009
Jacob's FIRST day of FIRST GRADE!
Posted by Sarah Heller at 7:16 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
How fun! And to think Jacob was a little slobbering toddler when I lived with you guys! So much has changed.
Post a Comment