Thursday, June 3, 2010

Jacob's School Project



Last week Jacob came home with an assignment to write a little report and make a diorama in a shoe box of an animal of his choice. Of all the animals in the world he could pick what does he come up with? A porcupine fish. I think Ian helped a little bit but mostly it was Jacob's idea. Jacob's initial idea to make his fish was to use foil and poke tooth picks in all over it. I thought that was pretty good but then Ian came up with another idea that Jacob absolutely loved. You will have to see the pictures for the final touch. Ian even took Jacob to the store to pick out a few "coral" to build his little fish' habitat. We also collected shells at the beach and Ian let him use some of his left over rock from his tank for the sand. All in all I think it turned out pretty cute and Jacob did most of the work all on his own. I had to pick him up early to go to the dentist yesterday and walked in as he was showing his project to the class. He had no idea I was there so I got to sit and listen to his little speech. He did really good! He told me later that he was "super nervous but hid it inside". He was really excited that all the kids loved his. I love seeing him proud of himself.

Isn't the above picture cute of the boys reading together? Typical scene in our house. (Well, either that or fighting:)

Tomorrow is the 1st grade field trip to the zoo. He is so excited. He brought home his t-shirt to wear tomorrow. It is very cute so stay tuned for a picture.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very good project!