This was a busy week for sure with doctor appointments, last day of 1st grade for Jacob, dinner with friends, cat fishing until the early morning hours and a nice big hike for Ian. Here are a few highlights
At my request Ian moved the kids' little pic nic table into the kitchen so Owen can start doing fun things like play play dough and have snacks at a table his own size. He LOVES it. We have had quite a few messes but a lot of smiles too which makes up for those messes (most of the time!) He is very proud of himself and thinks he is quite the big boy. I guess I should also mention that I shaved his head last week. Ian came home from a church meeting and I got the look of death. I think though, now that a week has passed, he is used to it and its not such a big deal. I think he looks a lot like his big brother Jacob and lets face it its HAIR it will grow back!
Here are a couple of pictures of the two peas in a pod. I try to ignore the fact that Ian is going to be gone so much come next spring because Owen especially is quite attached to his daddy. Just about every night if I try to put him down to bed he flat out refuses to go to sleep until Ian goes in to say goodnight. Obviously I doubt he can stay up for 7 months but it sure is going to be "fun" when Ian is gone. Can you tell they love each other?
I had to pull out the camera the other day. Ian got home from work and I was cleaning up in the kitchen and I walk into the living room and he is standing there still in full uniform including boots and his cover "helping" the boys with a lego star wars game. I laughed and teased him about it and he told me to hush that he was just helping really quickly. Well a good 15 minutes later I found him in the exact same spot. This is when the camera came out. It just gave me a good laugh. The boys did appreciate his help, of course.
Friday Ian had the day off and he met up with some guys from work and did a hike at Lake Poway (pictures to follow in another post). He called me and told me if I could get the boys to take a nap he would take them cat fishing that night after we went to have dinner with some friends from church. I doubted they would nap but when given the explanation that it meant staying up late to cat fish they both passed out. Figures! So, we enjoyed a YUMMY Korean dinner with some new friends and then the three "men" headed out to the lake to fish. Nathan made it to about 11:15 before he passed out. Jacob, however, made it the entire way home. I believe Ian said they got home around 1 am. That is pretty darn good for a 7 year old! Unfortunately no fish were caught but the first thing the boys said to me when they woke yesterday was "mom we didn't catch anything BUT we didn't complain AT ALL! so does that mean we can go again?" I think it does. I think I better learn to fish so they can continue to go next year or we may have some serious issues and withdrawals. How did I end up with three boys again? (I would not change it for anything).
Saturday, July 24, 2010
Busy week!
Posted by Sarah Heller at 2:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment