Friday, July 16, 2010

School year endings....

I have to say there are pros and cons about year-round school. Right about now we are all ready for school to be out. Wednesday is Jacob's last day and Nathan finished preschool yesterday. Here are some highlights of the past couple of days.

Prince Jacob! As a last project Jacob was assigned to "with the help of your parents" build and design a castle. Then they dressed as princes and princesses and had a "royal ball" in their "royal" classroom. They have been learning about fairy tails and fiction and Jacob has been loving every minute of it. I think his castle turned out pretty cute. He wanted this HUGE elaborate thing and I had to knock him a bit back down to reality but after all was said and done it was great.



Nathan's Preschool! Yesterday Nathan had his last day of preschool. He got a certificate and a killer whale stuffed animal from his teachers. He was/IS so excited to be starting Kinder. It is not going to come soon enough for either of us I don't think. He is beyond ready to be off and running. I unfortunately had to miss his party but Ian was a trooper and took pictures for me.



Jacob's Family Day! Today was the last "Family Day" of the year for Jacob so Nathan, Owen and I joined him for the first half hour of class and the boys read together. Walking into the school Jacob and Nathan were in front of me and I noticed they were holding hands walking. They were totally involved in their own conversation so I had to sneak a picture. It is the little moments like that that make everything else in the world right.