I love long weekends!
To end last week Jacob's homework for the week was to make a patriotic hat to wear in a parade through the 2nd grade class rooms. They could take a hat and transform it or make one with paper etc. I got a few supplies at the dollar store and he and I got to work. I think it turned out pretty cute. His teacher had to call me to talk about something and she told me he was so cute and had the cutest hat there. By the time I picked him up he was irritated because of course all the kids LOVED his bells and kept ringing them. I told him that is what he gets for having such a cool hat.
Thursday night Ian and I finally got away for a few hours to celebrate our anniversary. Better late than never, right? We had planned to go on a hike and have a pic nic but time constraints led us to just have the pic nic without the hike. We went to a little park that overlooks Mission Bay and ate yummy treats Ian had gotten at the store. He even packed our champagne glasses from our wedding. Afterwards I asked him to take me to Costco because I was craving their gelato. One of the Costcos here in town is one of two in the country that serve it. It is SO good. I bet you are jealous!
The view from our pic nic spot. And a picture of the two of us. I think one of the best parts was not having to get all dolled up!:)
And the very BEST part of the weekend?!?! Jackson the dog has MOVED ON! I can't begin to say how much of a relief that is. I hope he is happy wherever it is she took him to stay. I am just so glad I am not the one that has to be on edge 24/7 anymore!
Saturday, July 3, 2010
The beginnings of a great weekend!
Posted by Sarah Heller at 9:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment