Saturday, July 3, 2010

DOG Beach!




The weather down here has not been the best. It has definitely been "June gloom". It is overcast at the house until noon some days which means the coast is staying gray all day. We decided though this morning to brave the weather and head out anyways. We were actually more worried about the crowds. Seeing as Jackson left last night we thought we would try to take Keira with us and venture to dog beach instead of our "normal" beach out on the Island. We have not taken Keira since we lived here years ago. Ian said he knew of a spot right off a channel that would be better with no waves that the kids, including Owen could play without us having to worry about them being swept away. We were shocked to find parking right away. I guess the weather is a good thing! The water in the channel was much warmer too. Ian was right. It was the perfect spot. We enjoyed almost 3 hours of fun in the sand and sometimes sun. Finally Owen came up to me asking to go "ni-night" and asking for his monkey and plug. That was our cue that it was time to pack up. I think we will be heading back there much more often. Keira did so good too. After living in Illinois and not being around many other dogs she just was not sure how to act around them. After having Jackson here she is SO much better. She had a blast. I guess he was good for something after all.



Somebody was getting rather sleepy by this point....




This is Owen's little friend a puggle. They played ball for a good hour. So cute!

This is a sand sculpture of Keira or so the boys said...


Check out Jacob's glasses tan:) It cracks me up.

We all had such a good time. Of course I slathered the kids with sun screen and um kind of forgot myself. I am quite red at this point and it is not feeling so good. Smart one I can be sometimes! We hope to get back to the beach on Monday.

Happy 4th!!

0 comments: