Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Donuts!

The kids have been asking to go get donuts for a while now so since we needed to do a commissary run I thought it would be fun to take them for breakfast before heading up to the base. Ian and I had breakfast croissants while the boys had their choice donuts. Owen was not all that enthused with the donut holes we got him but he had his first taste of chocolate milk and THAT was a hit with him. Ian and I were quite amused with the FOOT donut and decided to get one on the way out.







It was a fun start to the day. By the time the shopping was done and we pulled into the drive Owen was passed out. I think a full belly of milk and being drug around the store did him in because he slept over 3 hours. I love family days!

I know this picture is really bad because the sunlight just was awful but I had to share. Owen's little animal entourage continues to grow. Ian's dad gave me a sailor Winnie the Pooh while Ian was in boot camp and I have had it on Owen's dresser since we unpacked here. Last week he took a huge interest in him and now wants to drag him around. So we are up to two monkeys, elmo and the pooh bear and at times a dinosaur as well. He has to have ALL of them to go to bed and when he wakes him he hands them to you one by and wants you to carry not only all of them but him too. He is quite the demanding little stinker too if you don't do it. We joke that pretty soon there will be no more room in his bed for HIM!

He keeps me on my toes. I swear he needs a cage. I am constantly cleaning up something with him behind me going nuts like the tazmanian devil. I got some food and things from a friend who is moving tomorrow and while trying to unload all of it he got ahold of a can of corn starch took the lid off and covered everything that was on the table. I should have grabbed the camera but to be honest I was less than thrilled. While cleaning that I gave him some apple sauce to eat which he instead dumped all over him and his chair and so the day continued. I just have to laugh or I would have cried. It was just one of those days. Recovering from major dental work last night did not help the stress level. But after that drama was over he and I spent some good quality snuggling on the couch so that I could rest a bit. I am still sore tonight and probably will be for a couple of days but slowly progress is being made.

One last thing. We made it! We made it ONE whole month without having to take Owen (or anyone for that matter) to the doctor. Owen has his regular (late) check up and shots today so we shall see what they say about his ears. Woo hoo for a month!:)

0 comments: