Sunday, August 29, 2010

End of Summer Beach Trip



This summer has been so strangely cold coupled with Summer school and babysitting additonal kids that we have not made it to the beach NEARLY as much as I would have liked. I am sure we will be there again in the weeks to come but with only a week left until school starts and chilly weather on the horizon this last Thursday was a great opportunity to make one last trip. I decided last minute to call Valerie to see if she was free to meet us with the girls and we got lucky that was her plan of the day as well! I did not tell the boys they would be there and as we pulled into the parking lot on base Nathan shouted "YEA Valerie and Kinley and Kayden are here!" Jacob told him he did not know what he was talking about and to be quiet. (Gotta love the big brother tude I have no idea where he gets it from....) Nathan asked me if it WAS Valerie's van and I said "I don't know you tell me" and that is when they both agreed it was. It ended up being super windy but thankfully the sun was out shining and so it was warm. The kids just love digging in the sand and only Jacob and Kinley really got in the water and even then it was just for short spurts of time. Valerie brought her wonderful camera and spent the time snapping away while I enjoyed not being behind the camera and chasing a baby for once. Owen is doing much better though about staying with me. He still lets the birds distract him but overall its a much easier experience to take all of them with me. The only downside of the trip? Stupid me putting sunscreen on myself which led to a lobster fried back. Today is the first day I can wear clothes without wanting to cry. Smart one huh? Lesson learned!

So here are a "few" of the pictures...enjoy!



Valerie was getting a kick out of Owen trying to eat pretzles like a dog out of the cup holders. He did manage to get them out of there though!

This was the best! Nathan and Owen rammed into eachother and Nathan had to leap frog over him. The funniest part though was Owen waddling wet to us telling on Nathan saying "I icky Nate Nate Nate" :)







I love this picture of Owen looking at me. I think he loves me a bit:)

0 comments: