Ian is officially IN his 30s. Yesterday he hit the ripe "old" age of 31. Our plan was to attend church as a family but Nathan woke up feeling awful and sounding even worse so Jacob and I went to Sacrament Meeting (the main service) while Ian stayed home with Nathan, Owen and Gramps. When we returned home Jacob went with Gramps and Ian to the San Diego Air and Space Museum. He had a free pass and it is definitely something that is right up both his and Gramps' alley! They had a great time looking at as much as they could but said you could go a few times and still not see everything. We hope to take Nathan back soon with his free pass since he missed out.
When they got home we went to Old Town for dinner at Coyote Cafe. A great mexican resturant where you can watch the ladies make the tortillas fresh and the mariachi bands walk around and sing to you. The look on Ian's face when I had them sing happy birthday to him was great. Unfortnately I thought I was taking video but the camera did not work. Bummer for me great for Ian:)
Finally about 9 last night Ian got to have his birthday "cake" of a brownie sundae. I think all in all it was a good day for him getting to spend it as a family and with his dad. Looking forward into the future I can forsee many birthdays he will be away from us so I am glad yesterday was a fun day.
Here are a few more pictures from Gramps' visit. He even helped Ian out by doing all the back yard for him. Nathan and Owen wanted to "help". Owen especially helped by hosing down Gramps instead of the patio. I could not help but laugh. My boys are blessed to have wonderful Grandpas!
We went to the flea market on Saturday and saw these guys playing music. If you look closely you can see that all their instruments are made from household items. Too cool!
Monday, August 30, 2010
Happy Birthday Daddy!
Posted by Sarah Heller at 4:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment