Last Wednesday we started the drive to Utah for my sister's wedding. We had all been looking forward to the road trip and seeing family and just getting away! Wednesday we drove to St. George, Utah. It was a good trip although long due to Owen's refusal to nap. We stopped in Baker, CA at this jerky place that had a whole alien theme. It was just a little freaky but the kids thought it was great. It was SO hot and we asked the store manager where a park might be and spent some time sweating letting the kids get some energy out. Then it was back in the car to finish up the trip to St. George.
Our plan had been to, as a family, see Disney's Production of Tarzan that night. However we quickly made the decision that there was no way Owen would be able to handle it. So I sent off Ian and the boys while Owen and I stayed behind in the hotel and took a quick swim, had bath and he passed out. Ian and the boys LOVED Tarzan. A man from our church played the leading roll Tarzan all summer and was nice enough to get us seats for just $10 a piece. Jacob and Nathan both raved about it and Ian said it actually almost made him cry a few times (shhh I did not tell you that:) I am a little bummed I missed it but I know we made the right decision.
The next morning we headed from St. George to Lehi Utah where we stayed with my Aunt Doreen and Uncle Jeff in their basement apartment. What a HUGE blessing to have a wonderful place to stay. I love them! We got in with just enough time to unload the van and then get to Laura's new inlaw's house for dinner. Unfortunately by this time we learned my dad was having major pains and thought it to be a kidney stone. He had tried to hold off all week going into the hospital but by Thursday could not take the pain anymore. So, when we got there he had been admitted and missed dinner. After dinner we headed over to the hospital and Ian and Greg (Laura's new husband) gave my dad a blessing and then Owen and I got to see him for just a few minutes. Thanks to LOTS and LOTS of prayers dad was able to go home around 11 and was able to be at Laura's wedding the next morning.
Owen and Jacob watching a movie while waiting outside the hospital.
Corban and Nathan at the dinner.
Friday morning it was an early do as we all scrambled to get ready to head to the Temple where Laura and Greg were getting sealed. The boys waited outside with their Auntie Erin and Greg's sister while we all attended the Sealing and then we enjoyed fun outside the temple taking candids while waiting for Laura and Greg to emerge from the Temple. I know that the photographer got some GREAT shots and I can't wait to see them! Jacob was insistent on getting his picture taken with Laura ALL BY HIMSELF. They have the sweetest bond and he loves her so much and has asked her many times to marry him:) We all tried not to laugh when he wanted to copy some of the poses she and Greg had been doing including a big kiss one:)
After pictures we headed to a luncheon Greg's mom had. It was wonderful! My poor dad though was so miserable. :( We then had a few hours to go back to my Aunt's and let Owen have a nap. The poor kiddo was really not feeling well by this point and boy did he need one.
The open house was held at my other Aunt's house and it was WONDERFUL! Laura, along with her friends, my sisters, Mom, Aunt and Cousin did a wonderful job at making things perfect. Everything was perfect and intimate. Ian thoroughly enjoyed helping decorate the car of course:)
All in all even with the stress of my dad I think (hope) it turned out to be perfect for Laura and Greg. I am so excited to have a brother! I am looking forward to lots of laughs in the future and the boys are super excited to have a "uncle Greg" especially one who is the "tallest man in the world" (he is 6'7" and Jacob is just amazed!) Congrats to my little sister and her new husband!!
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Off to Utah for Auntie Laura's Wedding!
Posted by Sarah Heller at 10:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment