That is right NATHAN! It has been a struggle to ride bikes the past year as in Illinois we had plenty of room in our neighborhood to just let the boys go while here its totally congested with cars and very hilly which is not the best type of ground to learn on. We tried to take Nathan's training wheels off about three months ago but he was just not getting it. So we left his off and put the training wheels back on Jacob's old bike so that is what Nathan has been periodically riding. Well, two weeks ago Ian was out in the garage so the boys asked to go ride. The chain slipped off the old bike and Ian and I were both busy so I told Nathan he had two choices, 1. try to ride his bike without the training wheels or 2. ride his scooter. He opted for the bike (he has been wanting to be like Jacob for SO long). So I helped him maybe twice and he could not get it and then Owen woke so I came in to do diaper change and get him ready to go out and the next thing I know I hear Ian yelling at me from outside to get the camera. Nathan just got on the bike and started riding. He was THRILLED and has been telling everyone how he is "5 1/2 and he has caught up with a 7 year old". Can you guess who he is comparing himself to? Can we say sibling rivalry!?
This is totally off topic but I had to share this picture of Owen. I have been trying to walk as many mornings a week will permit with a friend. Owen has never ever since about six months fallen asleep in the stroller until recently. I guess me pushing his 30 pound bootie up and down the hills tires HIM out:) Makes for a peaceful trip when he actually does pass out!
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Time to catch up......look who can ride a two wheeler bike!!?
Posted by Sarah Heller at 10:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment