I can't believe a whole week has passed but I have not felt good enough or had the time to blog so here we go.
Last week Jacob started complaining about one of his back teeth hurting. It started Monday then Tuesday he said it was okay until bedtime. So I decided to make him an appointment and I did for Thursday. Well, Wednesday he came home telling me his gum was swelling. My heart sank and I had a pretty good idea it was infected. I was right and when we got to the dentist Thursday the dentist confirmed it had to come out. Jacob has had two cavities filled and it was one of the baby molars that was filled last year that was the issue. The dentist said he was a trooper. I did not have to even go back there although Jacob did tell me after he wanted me. He admitted he cried a bit too. I told him I don't blame him I hate those shots. I am glad its over with but I still just feel so bad for him.
The tooth fairy gave him a few extra dollars ($5 bill) and he was thrilled with that. He wanted me to take a picture so daddy could see his HUGE "honkin" tooth. Hopefully the dentist will be a better experience when we go for a regular checkup later this month.
You can see Jacob's "tooth" necklace the dentist gave him to hold the tooth. He is pretty proud of that thing. Makes me laugh.
And here are a couple of Owen and Jacob. Owen wanted to play "good guys" AKA xbox and Jacob tried to help him so he would think he was doing it. It was a cute bright spot in a not so great morning.
Wednesday, June 1, 2011
Jacob's Tooth Drama
Posted by Sarah Heller at 2:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment