We had quite the eventful day today! The morning started off with a trip to the Dentist (only about 5 months late--bad bad mommy I am) the boys LOVE the dentist. I am not sure what they like most getting all the goodies or playing the video games they have there. I think its a hard tie. Both boys teeth were nice and healthy (Thank God) and Jacob claims the hygenist told him he actually has three loose teeth (one on top??) instead of the front bottom two that I know about. He is so so so excited to have loose teeth and Nathan is so so so soooooo jealous. (typical).
After our exciting dentist trip we stopped at Portillos (our Chicago FAVORITE) for lunch with Ian before he had to come home and go to work (blah!) I decided I did not want to sit at home today and that we needed to try out Owen's new stroller so I looked online and decided to make the 25 mile "trek" (around here 25 miles takes 45 minutes to get there). to Busse Forrest Preseve. There is a lake and a 7 mile track where you can roller blade, walk, bike etc. We had such a good time. The weather was breezy and about 65 it was great. And can I just say I LOVE Owen's new jogger stroller. So the boys and I headed out on our "adventure" and went about a mile and then turned around and came back. I knew that was about all I could push them to do and I wanted it to be a pleasant trip not a crying, whining fight. Owen did good for the most part but spent some of the time in the baby bjorn front pack (can I tell you that baby is getting heavy!) Side note: he has his first double ear infection :( Thankfully the meds have kicked in and my happy baby is reemerging because I thought he was gone forever last week! Also he gained a whole pound in four weeks tipping the scale at 16lb5oz. Yea for chunky boys!
We had a great time seeing all the people fishing (with quite a bit of grumbling about how mommy did not bring their poles). The boys though had a ton of fun seeing all the birds and picking up thistles and flowers that were already fallen. They climbed rocks and spent probably a half hour (and would have been there until dark had I let them) throwing rocks into the water.
All in all it was a great trip. The only thing that could have made it better was if Ian could have been with us. I really would love to go back this weekend for Mother's day but I think it is supposed to rain A G A I N. UGH!
Jacob helped me hold Owen so I could get the front pouch on. He is a great helper:)
They had so much fun together. I just loved this one of the two of them.
Isn't he getting so big? Some days he seem so grown up!
Monday, May 4, 2009
Busse Forrest Preserve
Posted by Sarah Heller at 8:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the one of you and Owen...GREAT job Jacob...maybe I should lend him my Nikon camera. :)
And the one of Jacob & Nathan looking towards the water with the back facing the camera....precious. That one deserves to be a 5x7 in Black/White and on display in your house....beautiful.
Looks and sounds like you guys had a great time. I wish I was better with my picture taking like you. I tend to have the camera with me...just get lazy and don't pull it out. I really need to work on that...because they grow up way too fast!
Oops...by the way...that was me...Valerie. :)
Post a Comment