Well, Christmas Break has come to an end...for Nathan that is. Jacob on the other hand has two weeks left stuck at home with me and Owen. I just "love" that they are on two totally different schedules. We continue to pray that we will get a call late this spring telling us Jacob has a spot at Nathan's school. But, until then I wanted to share a few projects of the boys'.
Nathan's homework over the break and this week is to create a snowman. It is similar to his Gingerbread Man project he did earlier in December. The teachers sent home a big blank white snowman for him to cut out and make his own. He told me he wanted a "Frosty". So we found some images online and went to work. I tried to make him do the cutting and piecing together. He was so excited that I had a stash of "googly eyes". I guess this made me a cool mom? You would have thought I handed him two hundred dollar coins not plastic eyes. All in all I think it turned out quite cute. Even Owen recognized it was Frosty when he ran into the kitchen he got super excited and yelled "look mommy fotty toe man!"
Something Nathan has been waiting for since day ONE of school is to be the Star of the Week. I guess the kids get to sit on a special star rug, be a big helper for the whole week, line leader etc. They also do a whole poster board about themselves and take a basket full of items that are important to them. Well, FINALLY his turn was here. Only he had to wait the ENTIRE break and boy did we hear about that often. So Sunday we finally got his poster all together. Below is a picture. He came home yesterday showing me the little holes in his shirt from his star badge and proudly told me he will have holes in all his shirts this week. Great! He also came home with yet another award from Music Class saying how great he is. He may be my whiner at home but he is great at school. I guess I am glad its that way.
So while Jacob is "stuck" at home I have homework assignments for him. Something he is less than thrilled about but for the most part cooperating. He has to do a writing assignment every day and some sort of math worksheets. Today his assignment was to make a list of 10 things he likes about himself. He did not want to do it but with a little help he came up with his 10 and I thought it was cute so I thought I would share.
1. I am nice
2. I am a good friend
3. I am funny
4. I am good
5. I try hard (mommy's help:)
6. I am good at fishing
7. I am good at playing games
8. I am good at looking at rocks (total rock nerd!:)
9. I am good at building
10. I am awesome
He struggles with self esteem and so it was really good to see him come up with most of these all on his own. He is a good boy. He has been my workout buddy the past two days and we have had a ton of laughs. He challenges me minute by minute but I sure love him. I am going to miss his company when he is back at school...but I think I will live!
Tuesday, January 4, 2011
School Work
Posted by Sarah Heller at 3:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment