Sunday, May 22, 2011

Another long weekend....

Happy 2nd trimester as of yesterday. Unfortunately still feeling horrible. On the positive side I have not actually thrown up in a week it is just almost constant nausea. It is starting to get depressing. I am trying my hardest to just keep going. We ran to Target yesterday for diapers and essentials but other than that have been in the house since Friday. I did "make" the boys muck out the van and scrub it down and vacuum while Owen took his nap yesterday. That wore me out being out in the car sweating but I am so glad its done. Today I was sick all day from before I even got up until finally about four tonight. The boys had been begging for a treat so I made them a chocolate cake, let them pick the color of frosting and put sprinkles on. It turned out to the be UGLIEST cake I have ever made. Its laughable especially once I turned my back and Owen ripped a big hole in it. The boys loved it though so thats all that mattered.

The cake after the lovely sprinkles and Owen's huge hole.

Owen sheepishly walking backwards out of the kitchen to get away from me after I caught him.....

Enjoying his cake.
We got a few more zucchini and some beans tonight too. I can't wait to make some yummy beans.

I got to chat with Ian most of the day yesterday and even got a phone call so that made my weekend. We miss him. Time is steadily going by though and hopefully before we know it he will be home. I have a doctor's appointment on Wednesday to see how the "grand finale" is doing. I hope I will be able to schedule my "big" ultrasound after that appointment. I am dying to know 1. that "it" is healthy and 2. what the sex is so I can get to preparing.
Here is a picture of Nathan with his lost tooth holding his tooth fairy doll he brought home from school. When the kids loose their first tooth they bring home a bag with the doll and books about teeth and there is a binder where they write about how they lost their tooth and draw a picture. He is pretty darn proud of his lost tooth. I think the one next to it should be out within a couple of weeks. I guess the tooth fairy better stay stocked with a dollar bill to be safe!

0 comments: