+of+February08+187.jpg)
So today is the first day of the last year of Ian's 20s:) Yep thats right today he turns 2-9. Jacob told him that he can't be 29 he needs to be 3. We had a good laugh about that. We did not do anything too special today. Lucky him, work gave everyone a four day weekend so he enjoyed not having to go in tonight. I instead worked most of the day while he spent time with his boys who can't get enough of him. Then tonight my wonderful friend Valerie watched the kids while Ian and I were able to get off on our own and just enjoy a peaceful dinner and quality time together. It was long overdue. Now as I type this he is on the couch with Jacob on one side and Nathan on the other playing a kid video game. I am sure he would much rather be playing one of his war games but the boys are in complete heaven watching. He is such a great daddy. I am more and more thankful for him everyday. He is crazy about life and everything he does and I love him for that. So Happy Birthday Ian! The next year will be a big one---a new baby, hitting the half way mark to retirement, picking new orders, just to name a few things! The boys and I love you so much!!
I thought I would share a few of my favorite pictures of him and the boys:)
This is my all time favorite picture taken August 1, 2005 at Ian's homecoming after 6 months of being on deployment. He left when Nathan was just 3 weeks and came home to a 7 month old.
This is Ian with his two boys shortly before deploying.
Ian and the boys in December of 2005.
Ian taking care of newborn Nathan so I could get a few hours of sleep. I love this one because he left days later and this was the one picture I had of the two of them before he left.
Me and my favorite guy!
Friday, August 29, 2008
Happy Birthday IAN!!!
Posted by Sarah Heller at 8:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh bummer I missed it!!! Well Happy Belated Birthday Ian. How cool he turned 29 on the 29th!! That will never happen again. I love all the pictures!
happy bday ian!! looks like you had a fabulous long weekend!!! see you soon!
These pics of Ian, the boys and you just make me cry with happiness. Ian is a wonderful dad and husband. Happy Birthday Ian!!! 30 is almost here, scary!!!
I can't believe those pictures. It seems like it was yesterday the boys were that little and Ian was coming back from that deployment!
Post a Comment