
This past Saturday we went up to Bristol Wisconsin and went to the Renaissance Fair. I had never been to anything quite like it and what a riot it was. The people were hilarious! Jeanne used to take Ian every year when he was growing up so it was the perfect thing to do with her while she was here visiting.
I loved all the characters and costumes. One of the funniest moments was when we walked in this man was advertising the "Mud Show" so he has this big sheet looking thing on and then "Flashes" you the inside. He is this old man. It gave me a good laugh and I had to take a picture. 
We enjoyed seeing all of the stores and items they had. They had these chairs that hang from the ceiling and Ian is now demanding he have one before stepping back on a ship. Nathan and I had a fun time taking a break in one of them. Another highlight was face painting. Jacob got a scorpion and Nathan got a cool design around his eye in his favorite color BLUE. The boys were also serenaded with a song while we ate which was quite amusing in itself. They had neat games that were "man powered" instead of by electricity and the boys rode a "Leonardo Divinci" ride. Here are a few more pictures:





It was a perfect day with perfect weather and we enjoyed every minute of it. We were all totally exhausted when we left but got the energy to stop by the outlets on the way home to go to Old Navy and then to dinner after that. I think we all collapsed by the time we got home. We hope to go back again next year and maybe even have the boys dress up as Knights.
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
The Renaissance Fair!!
Posted by Sarah Heller at 6:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment