Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Shedd Aquarium






Yesterday for Jeanne and Chris' last day here we met them down in Chicago and went to Shedd Aquarium. Ian has been DYING (and whining) to go since we moved here.

Before we went into the Aquarium I got some awesome pictures of Ian and the boys. We bought a family membership and could go right in but had to wait for Jeanne and Chris to get their tickets and took advantage of the view of the lake to keep the boys busy. I love looking across at Navy Pier and seeing the skyline. Someday we will get down there to walk along the bike/walking trail with the boys.

Given Jacob's obsession with any kind of animal but particularly sharks and fish Shedd was the perfect outing. The only complaint I had was the CROWDS. I get so claustrophobic when I am pregnant that it really got to me but it was still so much fun to see all the animals. We also went just in time to see the Komodo Dragon as he and his friends leave next month. Jacob was in awe to see a Lizard bigger than his daddy. He also did not miss the chance to yet again BEG me for a Bearded Dragon. And once again I informed him a dog, cat, fish and soon to be THREE boys is more than enough for our little house. Ian is no help as he would have a zoo if I let him. That is all fine and dandy until he deploys and I am the one that has to take care of everyone. No thanks:) Here are just a few of the pictures:







There was too much to see to try to do it all in one day but we did see the bulk of things. We hope to go a few times this next year especially when its freezing cold out.

This last picture is of me..yikes. Ian took this while we were waiting to go in. It shows my growing six month-plus belly. Time is flying. I can't believe that in about 3 months we will have three kids. This little man is so active but I have to admit even though its beginning to get uncomfortable at times I love feeling him and knowing he is thriving. Ian and I have decided that as long as our 3d ultrasound later this month does indeed show that "he" is a "he" we are going to go with Owen Michael as the name. They boys are already telling people and its pretty cute. Everything is going good though. I have only gained 8 pounds (although after all the "Chicago" food this weekend I am scared! Then again with all the walking maybe I am okay!:) I am measuring a couple of weeks ahead but other than that all is on track. I just keep praying this little boy comes out early or at least on time. Who knows maybe we will share a birthday!

5 comments:

Stickles Family said...

I LOVE the pictures! It makes me miss being down town. The Chicago Skyline is just beautiful! You LOOK soooo good! I saw the picture and said...oh she is so cute! And Owen Michael just seems like the name that is meant to be! I can't wait till November and see pictures of him and hear all about his personality!

Danica Osborn said...

looks like fun! i haven't been there in years, although i'll probably hold off just a little longer to make sure claire's old enough to really enjoy it.

we had a friend moving and she passed along some toys to us, only a couple of them are very boy-ish (think spiderman monster truck!) and wondered if your boys would enjoy them. let me know and i'll bring them on sunday to give to you afterwards.

(p.s. i was looking back at some of your posts and came across one, and was reminded what a small world it is! i went on a few dates with nate routesong (and his bro used to be is the NS2 ward) out at BYU. did i understand right, his wife tara your cousin? so funny. you can pass along a hi for me if you talk to them anytime soon.)

The Dixon Family said...

I love the update! And the pictures, looks like you guys went to a wonderful place. And Beautful scenery!! And look at you all pregnant, I LOVE IT!!! And I love baby Owen's name!!!

Alix said...

Hi!

The Aquarium is so much fun! You guys took great pictures and your boys are so cute. The picture of Ian, Jacob, and Nathan is precious. I love the one of you at the end, you look FABULOUS! I can't wait to see the 3-D pictures next week! It looks like you had a great time!

Sharon said...

Looks like you all had a great time! The boys look so grown up in the pictures and you look soo soo cute. I love your belly. You already know this, but I think Owen Michael is a perfect name for your little guy!