Friday, August 1, 2008

A Week without Ian

It has been a long time since Ian has been gone for more than a night and I think it has been since last Fall when Ian went hunting that it has been even a night. It used to be the "norm" for him to be gone for weeks and months on end. Here it has only been 7 days and I feel totally lost. I keep thinking how in the world am I going to adjust back to sea duty? It will happen and we will do it just like we have done in the past but I really wonder how exactly sometimes.

Thankfully the boys have really been good this week. We have had a fun week of spending time with our friend "Miss" Heather going to the pool and visiting her house and bunny and puppy. The boys love her so much and we miss having her right here by us and seeing her often so it was a special treat to meet up twice this week. We also went shopping and bought the boys new bedding that they are in love with--a sports theme--what little boy wouldn't love that!?

They both miss their daddy, especially Jacob as he has such a hard time saying goodbye and change still. I worry about him and what the future will be like with this struggle. He came up to me last night and asked me to email Ian. When I tried to explain to him that he does not have a computer where he is at Jacob was frustrated and stated "well I need to send him a message, I miss him!" At least there was no crying involved and for Jacob that is HUGE.

Nathan is the little trooper. Always going and wears me out! He wants to be so independent that he scares me at times trying to wander off or get himself into some other kind of trouble. Tonight just as I thought things were dying down he took it upon himself to fill my huge cup with milk and then bring it onto the carpet and spill it EVERYWHERE. I am proud of myself as I did not yell but man did I want to. So now that we have steam cleaned that area of the rug I am trying to again calm back down. BOYS!

Then we have the little man who is still baking. Although I have to say I don't FEEL like he is that little anymore. Ian is in for quite the shock when he gets back tomorrow. This past week I don't know that I have popped out really anymore but I can definitely feel him higher to the point where if I fold my arms he lets me know I am invading "his" space. Now when he moves often you can feel and see it in more than one area at a time. Jacob is LOVING this as he excitedly announced to Heather that he felt the baby move "tens of thousands of times" that day. We are still not in agreement on a name. Anyone want to name this little one? Owen Michael is a strong contender though. I think Ian is pretty set on it and I am seriously considering it. Who knows, I told Ian to pay close attention to names up at Scout Camp this week. Maybe he will have a new one to add to the list OR like one of my other suggestions after meeting a fabulous kid up there:) I just pray he did not meet a horrible "Owen" to nix out yet another name! I go to the doctor again this next week so we shall see what they say then. I get to do the lovely nasty glucose testing but will be glad to have it over with.

I think that is about all for now. I have not been able to take pictures because Ian has the camera so with any luck he actually took some and we can share those in a few days. The boys are dying to show off their "new" beds. I can't hardly believe that Jacob finds out next week who his teacher is and then on the 21st starts school. Where has the time gone? I thought I would like it but the more I think about it I LIKE being able to get up when I want and let them sleep until they want. The thought of being on a schedule is not sounding like fun. He is thrilled though and asks every day. Then Nathan is next. Preschool in a few weeks. The next six weeks are going to bring wonderful family to us, wonderful experiences and big changes. The time is going to fly and before I know it my due date will be here and we will be a family of FIVE. So exciting!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah,
You are so great! I am just so proud of you! I wish I could be there for your sealing because I know it's going to be very special. You are a terrific mom and I love your little family. It was so good to see you in Fort Wayne. Love, Doreen

Sharon said...

I bet you are so happy to have Ian home! I am glad the boys behaved for you. Love the name Owen Michael, and can't wait to see pictures if the boys new bedding!

Alix said...

Hey there!!!

I love love love the name Owen!!! That is my best friends little boys name and a favorite of mine. We find out tomorrow who Andrew's teacher in and then he starts Kindergarten on the 11th :O Our little babies are officially big boys now :( Good luck and take care!

Alix

Jodie, Stefan and Natalia said...

wow sarah, you know that any time you're bored or just need some adult interaction, you can stop by my place with the boys! thinking of having ian away again must be so hard! i really admire you guys for making that work.

Danica Osborn said...

so impressed with you! hi sarah, i found you through the Ciobanu's blog and thought I'd drop you a line! i like the name owen too!