I just had to share this little Nathan laugh. Last night the boys were begging to paint so I got out the water colors and paper and they had a blast for about 40 minutes (actually quiet!) painting. They finished and the artwork was drying and I was trying to do laundry and get things done and Nathan comes up to me and says "mommy! do you like my picture, is it faction or fiction". I was totally lost as I am sure you are as well but I will get to that in a minute. So I ask him a good three times what he is talking about and finally I say "ooooh you mean FACT or FICTION" and he says "YES!" I told him I LOVED his paintings and its a fact and we high fived. Then I asked him where he came up with that phrase and he looked at me like I was a complete idiot and said in quite the sarcastic tone "the dolphin show".
So now for the explanation. At Shedd they have a dolphin show. It is unlike anything I have seen at Sea World etc. This show shoes behaviors of the dolphins and they even show putting a tube into their stomachs for medicines etc. So the announcer would ask the audience a question such as "do dolphins have their own languages" and the crowd yells FACT and then they have the dolphins "talk". So this is where Nathan got the "is it fact or fiction" or should I say "faction or fiction".
He is too funny! Maybe you had to be there but it has made me chuckle since last night:) It is a good thing that kids are cute some days!
Friday, August 15, 2008
"Is it Faction or Fiction Mommy??"
Posted by Sarah Heller at 12:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Too cute!! I love the little comments the kids make. It just makes up for those times where you feel like strangling them. Like Joshua came up to me the other day and said "Mommy, my name is Joshua, may I help you?" It just shows you the things they are paying attention to.
Kids do say the funniest things :) I love when they can't believe that you don't understand what they are talking about. Too cute!!!
OH, I love it!! They are like little sponges.
That boy is just too cute for his own good!!! I just love when our kids say things that just crack us up for days. Danielle has done that quite a few time. So I'm sure with the 2 you get a good dose!
Post a Comment