Friday, January 22, 2010

"C is for Carrot Cake (and Crusty Noses)



Nathan has been struggling more than ever this week with the fact that Jacob is "having fun" all day while he has "nothing" to do. (The play room that is stuffed with toys, video games, books, games etc etc is just not enough). So I decided to try to do some preschool at home with him more structured than the normal routine. He has balked at pretty much everything which is frustrating but I decided we would bake today. He LOVED that idea. So, I decided to do a "C" is for Carrot Cake since I had a yellow cake mix in the pantry and my wonderful food processor could chop the carrots up in about 3 seconds. I was up half the night with Owen so easy was key.

So here is our "C" is for Carrot and Cake. We also went over "E" is for eggs (Nathan is a great egg cracker by the way! no shells or anything to pick out). Then it was onto "F" is for frosting. Nathan taught me a new lesson at this point. I turned my back to get something and turned back to find him dipping his baby carrots in the cream cheese frosting as if it was Ranch Dressing. Who needs Ranch I guess?? Once the cake cooled I let him frost it. It was quite the experience with the cake breaking up all over the place but he had fun and it made his day and I am sure it will taste just fine. We are waiting for Jacob to try it after school.


Yes the "C" is backwards but for Nathan looking at it it was the right way...


Then its on to "C" is for Crusty noses. Poor Owen is all I have to say. He definitely caught whatever bug it was Jacob had last weekend. Can we be over the crap already! I mean seriously two months straight of one person being sick or the other is getting really really old. He seems to be a bit perkier after a decent nap this morning so I am praying that by tonight he will feel better and not be up every 2 hours. This mama would love some uninterrupted sleep!
Here are a few of him playing. Crusty nose or not he is cute!

This is yesterday all bundled up to go get Jacob. I had to tarp the poor kid too to keep him dry.


And these are from today. I LOVE the new basket for his toys. I got one for shoes too and could not beat the price of $24 for BOTH! I love a good bargain!

0 comments: