The title says it all. Here are some random things from the past few days:
First tonight we ended dinner with a food fight that Ian started. Well, technically I guess Owen did but seeing as he is ONE and Ian is THIRTY I would say it was more Ian. Jacob and Nathan did not know what to think as they watched Ian and I toss mashed potatoes at each other. All I can say is somethings never change (and I like it that way), and I am so thankful for a dog to help clean up!
A couple of weeks ago we got a little play yard for Owen off of Craigslist. Have I mentioned how much I LOVE Craigslist. If not, I do! Anyhow it rained and rained so finally yesterday I took it out and Owen and Nathan had fun playing on it. This afternoon Jacob, Nathan and Kayden all shoved themselves under it. I should have gotten a picture of that because this thing is made for one two year old not three big kids! Free is great!!
All things considered life is good. Ian is super busy between school and his regular command. I am trying to keep up with all three kids, Ian's schedule and my new calling (job) at church. I miss working a bit but all in all am so thankful that I don't have to work that in as well and can be home and flexible with the boys. Nathan and I are working on his letters and sounds. Some days he cooperates and others not so much. He amazes me at his penmanship skills already and I love hearing the ideas that come out of his head. Where he gets some of them I have no clue. Jacob is doing pretty good. He finally broke down and had a good cry about moving the other day. I don't say anything to him but I am less than thrilled with his school. There is little to no communication and unfortunately California schools, well SUCK compared to where we were before. So, Ian and I trying to decide where we want to send both boys next year. We have to have the paperwork turned in two weeks so its a bit stressful.
Then you have Owen. He is finally getting over his cold. He seems to be cutting four or more teeth at once. FUN! He is NOT a good teether. Finally today though he laughed more than he cried. Boy has it been a long few days. He is really starting to talk though. His new favorite word is "baaaa-beeeee" (baby). He also thinks anything round is a ball (Nathan was this way too). He managed to climb up onto the dining room table and grabbed an orange out of the dish there and tried to eat it, got a nasty look on his face and shoved it at me saying "ball". He is a menace I swear! The funny part is I swear he knows this. He is always into something. If someone forgets to close the bathroom door you will find him standing in the sink with anything that was on the counter in the sink with him. All it takes is about 60 seconds. He definitely has a strong personality, is smart and knows what he wants and if you don't give it to him, well lets just say he lets you know how he feels.
I am thankful for this crazy group of boys I have and thankful for crazy Ian to share it with.
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Random Randomness
Posted by Sarah Heller at 10:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
i kindof would have thought california schools would be good.. or is it not a broad statement but a teach statement?? anyways, good luck with picking his schools
Post a Comment