Another weekend gone by without being able to take Nathan to the zoo. The boys are so disappointed but Jacob is feeling crummy. I thought maybe he had strep but a trip to the doctor today gave us a negative test. He is coughing though and has a bad sore throat and had a 103 temp tonight before Tylenol took it back to 99. Hopefully the fever can stay down so he can feel better. An advantage though of having to stay home means things being accomplished. Ian found a GREAT deal on some shelves for the garage and finally everything is out of boxes and I would say 90% organized. We hope to get the remainder of it done sooner rather than later...but we shall see what life throws at us next. Ian and I had a few good laughs going through some old paperwork and pictures. I came across a church program from 1993! It was a program I had saved from when we went to my cousin Michelle's farewell when she was leaving for her mission. Inserted in the program was a poem written by my uncle Ells, her father. My uncle passed away last summer from Parkinson's. He fought a LONG hard battle and it was so sad to see him slip away. He was truly such a remarkable man, an English professor who was so intelligent. When I think of him now I think of his soft spoken words and his smile. This poem just filled my heart and lifted my spirits and I felt compelled to share it.
The soft, sweet Spirit
whispers
Like a breeze
through trees,
Softly.
"Feed my sheep."
The voice speaks clearly
as tumble down streams
mark their way
to the sea.
"Feed my lambs."
I desire to go
Where no man knows.
Where rock covered ravines
shelter the sheep.
Only the Shepard
knows His flock
and where they hide,
Safely.
Hand in hand
with happy heart,
Having been given much,
I go to return
to Him
That which is His...
Eternally.
Ellsworth Berget
Saturday, January 16, 2010
Just what I needed today.....
Posted by Sarah Heller at 11:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I am so glad you posted this! I love my dad and his example and love continues to bless my life. Your timing was perfect. His birthday was Friday, Jan. 15. We celebrated it in his style - with pie!
Post a Comment