Sunday, January 10, 2010

Nathan turns the big FIVE!



Five years ago almost to the minute now we welcomed Nathan Joseph into our family. Induced three weeks early so that his daddy could spend a short three weeks with him prior to deploying for six months he entered the world a tiny thing at just 6 lb 14 oz. I think God knew that I was at my limit and that I needed an easy baby because all things considering he for sure has been my easiest (at least as an infant:) He is our blue eye'd babe as I often tell him. Surprisingly he does not mind being called my baby when its in that regard. He is quick to smile and loves everyone. He is the boy that everyone always tells us they want to keep because he is so fun loving. Don't let those dimples and blue eyes fool you though he is crazy! He is a climber and never ever stops. He has mastered whining quite well too! I think back to almost six years ago finding out that I was pregnant, with an IUD in place, knowing that if the pregnancy was viable I would be all alone with a not quite two year old and a newborn and completely and totally freaking out and losing it. It was a hard first year but it was so completely worth it to have Nathan here in my life. I know without a doubt God has a plan for him. He is our little miracle boy and we love him!

Happy Fifth Birthday Nate!!

Here are some pictures from his birthday today! He requested a Space Shuttle cake and so as in years past Ian and I accepted the task. He LOVED it! He also has loved his new race track, Cars cars and games. He can't wait to go to the zoo (we were going to go yesterday but instead he got to sit in the hospital due to some upper respitory issues) and go shopping to spend his gift card money. Thank you to Grandmas and Grandpas!!





1 comments:

Kathy Kaczkowski said...

Hi Nathan,

I hope you had a great 5th Birthday. You are such a big boy now. Now is your new home in sunny San Diego? I loved reading about your birthday celebration and loved that cake! Your mommy is really clever. I miss your smiling face.

Love,

Miss Kathy