I can't believe how much has happened the past year. When I look back to last year at this time I think back to Owen being just about 6 weeks old. How quickly time flies. Now my little man is running the house (literally), dancing up a storm (he LOVES music!) talking a bit and even doing some sign language thanks to his Aunties on our visit home. Jacob now has a toothless grin after losing his second front tooth also on our trip home and Nathan is about ready to turn FIVE next Sunday. How can this be?
We had not been "home" in over three years and really needed to make the trip up there. We left here and made the 560 mile drive on December 23rd. It was a LONG trip leaving here at 4 am and not making it there until after 5 pm but the boys did SO WELL. We were amazed by Owen. We had a fun, crazy cramped week staying at my parents. Jacob and Nathan enjoyed a sleepover at their Gramps and Lolly's house (they are STILL raving about it!!) We had fun getting to see my sisters, our nephew Corban, Ian's Grandparents and even a fun night out with old high school friends. We headed home New Years Eve day and thankfully this time the trip took about an hour and a half less. Poor Owen was so done by the time we got here and I think if I try to shove the poor boy in a car seat again anytime soon for more than an hour I am going to live to regret it.
I will share just a few favorites of our trip as I have at least 100 pictures....One other highlight of our trip was family pictures taken with my family. I cannot wait to get them so I can frame them and hang them on our still VERY bare walls!
What does 2010 bring to our family? It brings getting more settled into our new home. Making new friends. Getting acquainted with people at church and inevitably new church callings and challenges. It means Jacob starting school again on January 19th (he is on a year round schedule) and praying Nathan can get into preschool SOON. It means Owen continuing to entertain and amaze us daily with the new things he learns. It means Ian starting Tomohawk School on Monday and it means NO duty days for him and home EVERY SINGLE NIGHT! I am going to embrace this one to the fullest as it should be this way through August. We are hoping and praying for a good year, a year where we can accomplish some personal goals we have and come out on top.
Happy New Year to all those we love!!
Saturday, January 2, 2010
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2010!
Posted by Sarah Heller at 10:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment